Procrastination management or one pomodoro at a time.


When I get overwhelmed with the tasks, and it gets more and more and in the end it tends to accumulate and pile up, and the more I think about it, the more likely I am to get into procrastination, and yes, you know what happens next, you do what is already needed to be done for the day before yesterday, and I rush and get way more stress that I would ever deserve, and look on all the unfinished and everything I've procrastinated so far with even more fear to start....

So at this point my cure is not to think about what I have to do, all those numerous tasks, but to turn on a pomodorium timer, and just to do 25 minutes of a task or tasks. I don't think about how huge the task might be or how many tasks I still need to do, I just do whatever I can within 25 minutes the best I can!

And guess what- something extraordinary happens, it turns out that that huge task is not that huge if to do it one step at a time and not that complicated if you don't overthink it and that pile gets smaller and smaller. It did not accumulate in one day so it will not disappear in one day, but keeping working on it instead of procrastinating is way smarter!

And yes, after all this I still have time for a game using the gold I earned - it's a win-win! :)

Comments

Popular Posts